You love the 'similar threads' function and you are sick of duplicate threads just because your users don't use the search function?
Why not just combine them?
This Add-on will grab the thread title the user typed in and it will load a small box (using Ajax magic ) with 5 similar threads just like the 'similar threads' function that you can normally find under an already posted thread.
The box also tells the user to search through the similar threads first BEFORE starting a new one.
- indicated if you already subscribed to one or more similar threads
- hover over the title and it gives a little preview of the thread's content
- no edits whatsoever needed, just import the product file, enable the Add-on and it works (well, it should )
- you can turn it off for certain forums or
- you can turn it off completely without leaving any code that messes your templates/files
- it can be translated
- don't like it anymore? Remove the product and you'll never see that Add-on again
Things to consider:
It uses jQuery to get the information from ajax.php. jQuery is great and you can do many great things with it and unlike the vBulletin
method it's quite easy to understand.
The jQuery file is compressed and only 20kb large.
The link to download the file is on the right hand side.
Here's the version I use: [برای مشاهده لینک ها عضو سایت شوید برای عضویت در سایت بر روی اینجا کلیک کنید]
Just download the file from the location and put it into the 'clientscript' folder on your server without renaming the file.
Download jQuery as described above.
Import the attached file using the Product Manager. Go to your vBulletin
settings and search for 'Check for similar threads?'. Enable it.
It adds 2 new templates, it changes 1 template and it edits 2 files. I highly doubt that it will break you vBulletin
but do a back-up and be on the safe side.
2.0 -> this release
1.0 -> outdated (made for vB